ALBRIGHTON & DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Our enthusiastic society covers the area of Albrighton, Boningale, Tong
and Donington-with-Boscobel in East Shropshire, England.
Great news! We're are able to resume talks for the rest of 2021 in line with the current restrictions. We have only been able to have 30 at our talks recently but we hope this will change to allow unrestricted audiences for the Autumn season.
Our September talk on the 6th, is 'The History of Wolverhampton's West and East Park by Advolly Richards, known to many from the BBC's Gardener's World. See our events page tab above for the rest of out diary.
We hope we can have a full house for this talk if restrictions allow. Currently we are operating under the following conditions:
1) Only registered members of the Society are invited to attend. You must be pre-booked, in order to satisfy the track and tracing rules. Sorry no visitors until further notice. To book a seat for any talk please call Chairman John Stretton on 01902 820674, before the first of the month preceding the talk. If necessary leave a message stating which meeting you would like to attend, and the member's name(s). Given the smaller audiences permitted we cannot guarantee you a place but if disappointed you will be offered the option to attend the next talk if you wish. You can also use the contact us feature on this website buy clicking on the More tab above.
2) Only the number of people specified by Government guidelines at the time will be allowed to attend. This number includes the speaker
3) the doors will be locked open during the talk to allow air circulation and minimise the need to touch surfaces to enter and leave; all chairs will be sanitised before and after use, & hand sanitiser will be available near the entrance and exit
4) chairs will be placed the recommended distance apart, although households may sit closer together
5) All attendees (except the speaker when addressing the audience) must wear facemasks, unless you are exempt according to Government guidelines. We will not ask for reasons so do not consider this a barrier to your coming
Pre-booking deadlines are listed on our revised Events page or Facebook Group.
See our Facebook Group here or the Events page tab above for details.
We would love to see you at our next event.
Come and join us